1. Make a presentation on a specific technique and how to use that technique in
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
1. Make a presentation on a specific technique and how to use that technique in the clinic: Culturing and differentiating Group A Streptococcus (e.g. S. pyogenes): Impetigo disease
2. A certain disease can be diagnosed with a specific laboratory or culture technique (diseases and techniques will be assigned by the professor)
3. Start with a general introduction about the disease, which needs to be diagnosed (e.g. use a small case report):
4. What are the general symptoms, what can be the cause of the disease, how should you diagnose
5. Explain the technique which is used to diagnose the disease, how does it work, what kind of sample do you need to take from the patient
6. What results will the diagnostic technique give, how does it look like
7. How do you interpret the results
8. What are the strengths of the techniques, what are the flaws? (e.g. false positive/false negative, interference etc)
9. Can the technique also used for other diseases?
10. Are there other (better?) techniques to be used?
11. End with a conclusion and take home message
12. End the presentation with 2 practice questions for the students (participation is mandatory for all students!) Use 2 multiple choice questions for this presentation
****Presentation should not exceed 15 minutes*****