What were the two major artistic movements that gave pictorial inspiration to the Pictorialist photographers?
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
1) What were the two major artistic movements that gave pictorial inspiration to the Pictorialist photographers?
2) Who was the major Pictorialist British photographer who merged scientific theory with art? What is the name of the specific focus mechanism that mimicked the imperfections of the lens of the human eye for which this photographer is known?
3) Pictorialists strove for photography to become a recognized modern art form. To achieve this goal, what techniques did they employ and what were the effects of these techniques?
4) Pictorialist photographers favored certain types of subjects over the subjects of Industrialization. What were some typical subjects of the Pictorialists?
5) What was the contemporary criticism of Pictorialism? Who were the photographers who criticized Pictorialism and what alternative mode of photography did they embrace?
6) Pictorialism was an international movement that spawned several well-known photographic associations and publications. What was the name of the U.S. group that produced the periodical Camera Work? Who was the leader of this group and what were his artistic principles?
7) The group referenced in question 6 had a gallery on Fifth Avenue in New York City. What was the name of the gallery and what contribution did it make to the development of art in the United States?