Describe in detail how the President is voted into office today in regards to the electoral college portion
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Lesson Six Writing Assignment:
The U.S. Constitution stipulates that Electors will vote for the office of President and Vice President through the use of the popular vote of each State, what we commonly refer to as the Electoral College. Even though the total number of votes across the United States (national popular vote) is not used to elect the President there have been two notable times when the candidate with the most popular votes across the United States has not won the most votes in the Electoral College, hence losing the election. Some activists and scholars are arguing that a democratic system of government requires that majority rules; therefore, the candidate for President who receives the most popular votes of the Nation should win the election while others stand by the system set in place by our Constitution which gives more power to the individual States and the popular vote within each State. These people believe that our Nation is a Nation of STATES, each with their separate indentities and that is what makes the US great!
Please describe in detail how the President is voted into office today in regards to the electoral college portion. There is no need to describe the requirements to run for President and any procedures that take place before the Electoral College participation. Describe how the electoral college works beginning with the States. Describe any differences (if any) that States have in the electoral college process.
Then, please describe the arguments both for and against the current system that we have in place and what other methods are being introduced if there are any.
Try not to show bias in your writing. Please stick to facts. Your opinion can be inserted in the introduction and/or conclusion but should not be noticed within the content of your paper. Let the facts to the talking. Do not write in first person, i.e. I or we.
* 4-5 FULL double-spaced pages of text. This does not include your title page or reference page. If you give me 3 pages of content then I will start the grading at 75%. 2 pages start at 50%, etc.
* Normal sized font please, 12 max.
* Please introduce your topic, explain about it, then conclude your topic. Focus on the structure of your paper.
* Write in complete sentences and paragraphs. Bullet points or lists will not be accepted.
* PLEASE PLEASE double check for errors! PROOFREAD. Take it to the writing center if you need help!
* Be original – All papers submitted in this class are reviewed via Turnitin.com, a proprietary software database that identifies unoriginal material in papers. Please review the syllabus statement regarding the penalty for plagiarism.
* Refer to the Writing Guidelines content page for additional writing assignment criteria.
Once you have completed the writing assignment, please attach and submit your assignment here.